When we started with the system in Greve we had. 17 events a day. Today we have an average of 1 per day. The system has changed the culture among drivers. The drivers can always keep up with their ranking and how they compare to their colleagues
It’s critical for logistics and supply chain service providers [long and short haul] to deliver loads promptly and efficiently.
QUESTEK TELEMATICS’ FLEET SOLUTION ENABLES
- Integration with third party applications
- Live monitoring with location and status
- Monitor fraudulent activity
- Monitors agreed service level agreements with customers
- Improves utilisation of current fleet
- Reduces fuel consumption
- Lowers maintenance costs with predictive diagnostics
KEY AREAS WE FOCUS ON
- Understanding driver behaviour through driver identification
- Real-time audio and visual alerts for drivers via on-board in cab DMAS unit
- Live updates on location and status
- Accurate arrival and departure times
- Fuel management
- High idling
- Brake usage
- Clutch usage
- Mechanical diagnostics decreases maintenance costs
- Decreases fleet’s carbon footprint
- Lowers fuel consumption by altering and improving driver behaviour
- Increases asset utilisation
- Cost effective management solution
WHAT CLIENTS SAY
We were the first bus company in Denmark to earn an environmental certificate. During the process Traffilog has proved to be an important tool because it enabled us to monitor and document the fuel consumption and idling of the busses
I can keep track of where the vehicles are, which routes they have utilised, and I have access to historical data trip data. I can also investigate how justified customer complaints are about delays and show proofs if our driver was right on time. This is a win-win for the drivers.
The improvement in fuel consumption was secured at 11% which was enabled through a reduction in over-revving engine events by over 41%.The total number of safety events was reduced by more than 21% with the installation of the D-MAS
(Driver Maneuver Awareness System).
The average wear on a vehicles clutch was approximately 12,5% prior to the trial commencing. Real-time monitoring and diagnostics reduced the wear to 6,3% during the trial.The improvement in driver skills translated into a monthly saving of R1 120 per vehicle based on the clutch system only
Reduction of 90% of ‘driving in neutral’ events which translated to a saving of R4 413 per month per vehicle.
By reducing the unnecessary usage of the accelerator pedal and reduction in unnecessary idle time we were able to create a fuel saving of R174million per annum across the fleet.
Reduced brake pad replacement and mechanical wear and tear by changing driver behaviour.