A bumper-to-bumper telematics solution giving public transport operators a complete overview of their fleet with all the necessary tools to optimise and improve business profitability. The system enables you to assess vehicle health, driver behaviour and skills and location. It improves safety and reduces accidents. Questek Telematics reduces operating and maintenance costs by improving your fleet’s uptimes.
Questek Telematics’ bus and coach fleet solution analyses
- Dead milage compared to revenue mileage
- Erratic and costly maintenance
- Fuel consumptions and maintenance cost
- Accident rate through driver behaviour
- Increasing running costs
THE KEY AREAS WE FOCUS ON
- Determining dead mileage from trip and revenue data through integration with ticketing machine
- Driver behaviour through driver identification [tag, key pad or ticketing machine]
- Detailed trip movement information with:
- Driver ID
- Duration of trip with departure and arrival times
- Idling, revving, speed, cornering, braking and G-forces
- All positions include date, time status of vehicle, driver ID and speed
- Driver real-time audio and visual feedback
- Preventative maintenance by predictive diagnostics
- Reduction in fuel and maintenance costs
- Reduces unscheduled breakdowns and downtime on fleet
- Minimises wear and tear on vehicles
- Improves commuter safety, the overall transit experience and satisfaction for passengers
WHAT CLIENTS SAY
When we started with the system in Greve we had. 17 events a day. Today we have an average of 1 per day. The system has changed the culture among drivers. The drivers can always keep up with their ranking and how they compare to their colleagues
We were the first bus company in Denmark to earn an environmental certificate. During the process Traffilog has proved to be an important tool because it enabled us to monitor and document the fuel consumption and idling of the busses
I can keep track of where the vehicles are, which routes they have utilised, and I have access to historical data trip data. I can also investigate how justified customer complaints are about delays and show proofs if our driver was right on time. This is a win-win for the drivers.
The improvement in fuel consumption was secured at 11% which was enabled through a reduction in over-revving engine events by over 41%.The total number of safety events was reduced by more than 21% with the installation of the D-MAS
(Driver Maneuver Awareness System).
The average wear on a vehicles clutch was approximately 12,5% prior to the trial commencing. Real-time monitoring and diagnostics reduced the wear to 6,3% during the trial.The improvement in driver skills translated into a monthly saving of R1 120 per vehicle based on the clutch system only
Reduction of 90% of 'driving in neutral' events which translated to a saving of R4 413 per month per vehicle.
By reducing the unnecessary usage of the accelerator pedal and reduction in unnecessary idle time we were able to create a fuel saving of R174million per annum across the fleet.
Reduced brake pad replacement and mechanical wear and tear by changing driver behaviour.